Tuesday, July 8, 2008

If only....

I was reading John Mayers blog (concert in 13 days and 3 hours) which I try to make a point of doing every once in a while. I end up reading for like an hour to get caught up and am always reminded of why I not only love his music but him as a person! Anyway John Mayer thinks about things! I don't know if that is what makes him a great artist or if being an artist gives him the opportunity to think about life but I love it. It made me wonder is everyone is like this and we just don't know how to express ourselves the way John can or is it a characteristic just like social awkwardism (probably not a word but should be).

My mother called me yesterday, she must have caught the "are my daughters ever going to get married" bug that I think all mothers (well at least most LDS mothers) who have unmarried children over age 23 get periodically (especially one with two daughters who are in the mid to upper twenties and aren't even close), anyway she called and asked if I pray to get married like she prays for, to which I laughed out loud and promised her that I hope I get married one day as much, if not more, than she does. Well after reading John Mayer's blog I have decided I need to find an accessible John Mayer (I have known this for a long time but was strongly reminded today). Once I have found that I am sold. By this I mean someone who is considerate, has great taste, good looking, talented, thinks about things, good humor, and many other great qualities, but doesn't have millions of girls who would love to fall in love with him. It would also help not to have Jennifer Aniston standing in my way, just a little.



6 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh Hilary. I love you. Really.

PS 12 days 18 hours!

PPS... Didn't you make fun of me for making that countdown thing? Hmmm...

Lauren Jayne said...

So I haven't even read this post yet but I was just so excited to see that you were back in business, I couldn't contain my desire to comment!

Lauren Jayne said...

Now that I've actually read it I have a few more things to say. Said J. Anniston has nothing on you and I hope that you have so much fun at the concert! I'm going to have to check out the old blogger-roo. That sounds interesting, I love hearing from artists like that.

Marie said...

I heart you, Hilary! You are such sunshine. BTW, I am still planning on fixing you up with cousin Nathan. Soon, I hope...

Jodi said...

Yay for cousin Nathan! Let's get that going! Ha ha.

I really came here to say: 9 days and 1 hour! We're in the single digits!

Heather Davis said...

Hilary-- I am WAY impressed with your recent Dave purchases! You will never grow tired of them. Which songs are your favorite?? You want a John like I want a Dave. I know exactly what you mean. I find 40 year old men who are starting to bald and have the beginning stage of a beer belly more attractive than anyone, if that gives you any idea!! We'll find our men. Have so much fun at the concert!!