Friday, March 28, 2008

Awkwardness

You know how everyone has that really awkward stage in their life, I realized I am almost in the middle of year 24 of that stage. I actually think this started at around age 6 (the year Cassie was born, interesting) so technically I am in year 18, but anyway. For some reason lately I have been remembering really embarrassing/awkward things from my past. I figured I should share for some reason.
  • For a good portion of freshman year in high school I wore a stopwatch around my neck at all times. When I say at all times I mean literally at all times, I wore it all during school, at home, to other peoples houses, I even slept with it on. Why a stop watch you may say, as do I, but the reason is that I was the coolest volleyball student manager there ever was. I promise that is cooler than is sounds.

  • While other people go to sports camps, I took a slightly different path. I went to sewing camp, yeah you read that right. I wasn't young either, I have been trying to remember when this was and my best estimate is around age 15 +/- a year. I went to Lincoln, Nebraska and attended the camp for like 4 days and stayed in the dorms at UNL.


  • When other people have home videos of cute childhood times I have home videos of being absolutely positively majorly annoying. I get really uncomfortable whenever someone decided it would be fun to watch home videos. Last time we watched them we viewed one of my finer moments where I am at Cassie's first or second birthday party and I spend my time telling Cassie what to do, even then she wanted me to leave her alone, opening her presents, and my favorite is when I get so annoying a family friend gets annoyed enough to tell me to stop and his mother has to tel him to be quiet, fun times. After a couple of uncomfortable minutes it is over and my sister-in-law just said "Wow Hilary..." I think we were given siblings-in-law so that there are people in our lives that didn't know us as children.

So, why is it that my really awkward moments have been coming to mind lately? I don't know!!! I think I had blocked these instances out of my mind until the last week or so. PS I didn't even include my being peed on story I will save that for a more comical day.

1 comment:

Heather Davis said...

i need to hear this story.... i will share some of mine too, including the "stung by a bee" story. we'll talk. and don't be ashamed of sewing camp! that is awesome!