Monday, March 31, 2008

Architecture, kind of wish I would have studied that, tear...


I LOVE a lot of the architecture in Provo, especially the older homes. SO I drove around on Saturday so that I could share a few of the MANY that are easy to find if you just look around. Here are some that mostly are around University Avenue and Center Street in Provo.

Sadly this is where I live, not much personality

Isn't this house just cute

Is it weird to really like a mortuary?
This house is in my ward and I think it is darling. If I find out someone is moving out I am going to try to move in.
They recently painted this house, the colors aren't my favorite but I like the house and it did need a coat of paint
This is just a BEAUTIFUL building outside and in
I like this building (minus the neon sign in the window)

I call this the Greek house, I think it is fun. There are a few if them in Provo like this, it must have been a fad Cute Cottage
This is the house I want to live in with my family
unless I can live in this one
My favorite place in Provo
I think downtown Provo is pretty, they are going to be putting up some tall buildings though so I hope that doesn't take away from it
I don't really recommend taking pictures while driving down University avenue but again downtown
I call this the English house another style that you see every once in a while in Provo, cozy is the word that comes to mind
I think this house is pretty and almost makes me think of the Father of the Bride house (the home of my childhood fantasies) a friend said it was better before they remodeled it
just a cool house

This is Jodi's house. This picture doesn't do it justice, AT ALL, it is HUGE, has a ton of personality, and surrounded by big old trees
I feel like this house needs me, it is kind of plain at first glance but oh the possibilities
Hard to see because of the driver next to me but a very pretty building
I have actually been in this house and it is crazy inside! I don't even know how to describe it but it may have too much personality. It has this awesome attic/apartment that some guys from a previous ward occupied but it was really fun to try and figure out the reasons for some things. Again CRAZY HOUSE, LOVE IT!
Simple and classy, I really like brick

I love to drive around and look at homes and buildings. I used to take Shawna for car rides, she is like a puppy that way, and the newer areas made us car sick with all the crazy roads. Newer never is as nice as the old

3 comments:

Lauren Jayne said...

There are some really cute buildings/homes in Provo. I have to say I love older homes, they just have so much more personality! I think modern architecture is interesting but I'm all for cute shutters and turrets and the like!!

Marie said...

I never knew we shared an obsession with cute, old houses! I need to show you pictures of my favorite house. It's in Coalville and it's for sale. It's cruel to be poor students who can't even afford a house built in 1890!

Sheri said...

So wait. Does Jodie live on Center Street? If so, I think that may be one of my favorite houses. It looks kind of like it in the picture.