Friday, March 14, 2008

It's Official...

I have been convinced to start a blog and see how it goes. So there are a few things I think people should know before this whole thing begins.


1) I am from NEBRASKA and I love it there. I am not from the ultra cool places in NE like Lincoln/Omaha so no I probably don't know the one other person you once met from Nebraska. I am from central NE, North Platte to be exact, and by Nebraska standards it is a pretty large city but by all other states standards it is apparently small (NPs population is less than the number of students enrolled at BYU)

2) Which brings me to my next point, although not all of the students at BYU are LDS (this is short for being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints which I shall never type out again) I fall into the majority of students who are.

3) I really can't spell! Which is odd since I love to read and you would think I would have absorbed some spelling abilities but it isn't so

4) I have never wanted to have an exotic career, even as a young child, I never wanted to be anything especially cool (like an astronaut or president of the United States) I would say the careers that stuck in my mind the longest are a mother (that one is still on the list), a librarian (secretly on the list), an assistant (living that dream), a wife (still have my fingers crossed), a criminologist (I love crime television), a math teacher(statistics ruined this dream), a veterinarian (for some reason I thought I would be able to handle giving a shot to an animal better than I can a human, I think it is the fur), and a radiographer(still working on this one).

5) I fear that I am not exciting enough to have a blog

6) Although I love doing fun things I am perfectly content staying home and reading a book (this makes my mother worry)

7) I love to have discussions. If I am going to be with people I prefer a group of 3-5 where we just sit and talk about life.

8) Once I have paid off my debts from school I am going to buy really cool stuff that will probably serve no other purpose but to entertain me.

9) I like to pretend to be organized. My love to use sticky notes and I only use the super sticky kind, if you are still using the regular ones let me tell you super sticky will change your life. Here is a picture of the hidden wall of sticky notes by my desk. The other picture is of the note a friend wrote to mock the notes I always leave at my desk if I am away.

10) My name is Hilary because it is cool, Jan after my grandma's Janice (mom's mom), and Marshall because that is the name of my people.

Although there are so many other things you should know about me I am leaving it at this so that I can retain some mystery and keep you coming back for more.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

You don't have to fully reveal yourself now, I vote stretch it out over time. Also, you are exciting, just be yourself! I am so excited for future blogging!

Lauren Jayne said...

Hilary! I'm so excited that you have a blog. They are a fun way to keep each other updated on life!

Marie said...

H is for Hooray! Hooray for Hilary! I'm excited to read the adventures of Hilary. Because you are quite possibly the funniest person I know.